Thursday, September 30, 2021

A Quick Rant

 Seriously, Amazon, does it have to be this difficult?

Depending on whether you type in your search terms at the top of the website or click on a key word, you can see a list with either
  • the number of episodes published in the last 30 days
or
  • the total number of episodes
  • the number of thumbs up
  • the keywords
  • the first line and a half of the description
There's no way to sort on any of it.

What I want to see are 
  • the total number of episodes
  • how many have been published in the last 30 days (because there are a lot of abandoned 3-episode stories out there)
  • the entire description (which isn't that long)
  • and maybe the keywords.

I wonder how long it would take me to figure out how to scrape all the data... But that's probably against the TOS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

Who am I?  Hi! I'm SF/F author T.M. Baumgartner. I also publish cozy mysteries as Tess Baytree. People who know me in real life call me ...